Wednesday, March 6, 2019

What are the works I will be judged for?

My faith in Jesus Christ produces a certain kind of work (behavior, deeds, action). One of these 'works' is the change of my inner self. Without grace this is impossible. Read Mosiah 4:1-12. The fruits of the Spirit are my 'works'. They include meekness, humility, a broken heart, acknowledging my nothingness and God's greatness, charity, etc. Since I believe in grace for grace (Helaman 12:24), I must offer up to God something (a grace) to receive a grace from Him. The first grace or offering was a broken heart and contrite spirit. I surrendered. This is a great 'work'. All external works flow from this inner change. This (knowing Christ and He knowing you) is what we will be judged for at the divine tribunal (or not judged as I am encircled in the arms of safety, mercy satisfying the demands of justice) Alma 34:15-16).

No comments: