Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Improving His Grace (#3)

In response to:




Our God is pleased when we improve His grace and seek his perfect love.





Perhaps it has a similar meaning as the talents, or God is pleased when we avail ourselves of His grace, when we make the most of it?




My response:




Improve His grace and seek his perfect love. Improve is a strange word. It must have meant something to the composer. I think you are right. Availing ourselves of His Grace. Grace is not will power or self-control. We, Western Calvinists think that way. Everything is self-control and will power. Where does Grace meet us at? I will force myself to do the right and then grace saves me? I look at it differently. I humble myself, knowing that I am powerless to change. I am meek knowing that I am nothing without my Savior. I want the Father and the Son in my life. I want to be rescued (saved). I tell them that I want them. I choose to love, be peaceable, and have joy. I ask God to prioritize my bad habits. Which one do You want me to work on? I then receive revelation on my next repentance project. Now I am aligned with God ready to avail myself of His Grace. I hope with anticipation to overcome the weakness. I am now able to deny myself one more ungodly thing. I move from grace to grace, receiving grace for grace. This means that I first need to get on the Grace Bus. Once I receive one grace I start gaining momentum. (grace for grace).



Well that is my theory. I try to put it into practice.





I just listened to Elder Bednar’s talk again. Amazing talk. Joseph said baptizing a man without receiving the Holy Ghost is like baptizing a bag of sand. Something like that. So, taking the Sacrament each week without coming to the meeting with a broken heart and contrite spirit is like eating sand.

No comments: